How to get the best SNAP from your app
We’re so excited that you’ve decided to use Snap Fashion. Whether you’re looking for that elusive dress, simply don’t have the time to trawl the high street or are inspired by celebrity and catwalk looks, our app can work for you. But in order to make the most of our cutting-edge technology and save you time so you can concentrate on looking your best, here are some handy tips.
1) First download the app to your iPhone from Apple’s App Store: http://bit.ly/QeNAOa.
2) Get inspired! Browse a glossy fashion magazine, read your favourite blog or snap a stylish passer by- whatever takes your fancy! You can snap away and the images will be stored in your Snap Fashion app so you can find a fashion match whenever you like.
3) You don’t need the skill of Mario Testino and David Bailey to find a fashion masterpiece but to identify the best fashion match using Snap Fashion, make sure the item of clothing fits inside the template. If it’s a dress with long sleeves or a top with straps for example, make sure they all fit in the window. So for a dress, try this…
4) Play the photographer and seek out natural lighting conditions – the better the photo, the better the matches! Photographing an item straight and head-on also makes a difference.
5) Make sure you don’t miss any matches. Your first result will appear almost full-screen but much like a sample sale, you might find some hidden gems with a tiny bit of extra effort. When you have your first result, scroll down for plenty more. You can also filter by pattern and shape by swiping left and right on the screen and there’s the option to customise your results to suit your budget.
6) Save results for later. Dashing for a meeting, battling down a crowded high street or getting ready for a night out is not always the best time to shop for clothes- but you might just see some amazing item of clothing that you need to snap! If you create a free Snap Fashion account, you can save your inspiration and snapped items to a wish-list to buy them later when it suits you. Better still you can access your account via the app and online at www.snapfashion.co.uk if you would rather buy clothes from your computer.
7) Get connected. Just like at London Fashion Week our app is all about networks. The app relies on a 3G/internet connection so the better the connection, the faster the search. So if you’re snapping from the comfort of your home, we recommend using WiFi. However, if you do lose mobile signal the picture you have taken will be saved. Head to the ‘My Snaps’ section to retrieve it and run a new search – voila!
7) Be well connected! Snap Fashion relies on a 3G/Internet connection and the faster the connection, the faster the search. If you’re inside turn on your WiFi for super speedy results. If your mobile signal drops out don’t worry – the picture that you’ve taken will still be saved. Head to the “My Snaps” section to find it and run a new search.
8) Express yourself and experiment! Taking a photo takes seconds so it’s always worth seeking out a potential clothes match. I took a quick picture Rihanna’s dress at the Paralympics Closing Ceremony – it was from my TV and super grainy, but look what I found! Colour matches aplenty.
We really hope that you enjoy snapping things on the move. Any questions? Leave your comments here!
P.S. If you’re an Android user, don’t panic! Email email@example.com to be put on the waiting list for our Android app,